Monday, 26 July 2010
Farm News: 23/07/10
• The new calf born in the last week is doing well. In the first few days, the mothers "park" their calves whilst they go off to graze, usually at the edge of fields or in long grass. It constantly amazes us how both mother and offspring know
exactly what to do.
• This week saw the arrival of more turkey chicks as well as guinea fowl chicks which are now in the chick shed and stable near the car park.
• For weeks, our Rural Care Co-farmers have been looking after and turning the Church Farm duck eggs in our chick shed. Over the last couple of days, we’ve seen 14 successful hatchlings. Come and have a look when you visit us next!
Store, Café and Veg & Meat Boxes
• Get your sustainable charcoal from the store or order a BBQ box with the butcher.
• Have you seen our new selection of dips?
• A boneless leg of pork is now £5.98/kg instead of £6.18/kg
• Look out for filo pastry with cream cheese and plums in the café.
Events, Workshops and Courses
• Have you booked to come to our Campfire, Music and Sleep Under the Stars Weekend on 24th July?
• Our new summer programme is now online: http://www.churchfarmardeley.co.uk/pdfs/SummerCoursesEvents2.pdf
Rural Care• On Monday, Ann, Emma and Brian from the Rural Care team visited Butterfly Lodge (another Care Farm in Colchester) to share ideas and experiences. Butterfly Lodge
make and sell their own ice cream - made from goat’s milk. It definitely got the thumbs up from Brian! We’re now looking into selling the same ice cream in our store for all to taste and enjoy.