275g (9 3/4oz) organic quinoa
230g (8oz) organic mini chicken fillets
1tsp freshly crushed coriander seeds
2 long courgettes, thinly sliced
4tbsp pure rice bran oil
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
4 cloves garlic finely chopped
2cm (3/4in) fresh ginger, peeled and sliced thinly, then chopped
1 large bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
Herbs or mini leaves to scatter over, to serve
1. Soak the quinoa in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes, strain through a fine
sieve and rinse.
2. Put in a pan with 850ml (1½pt) of salted boiling water, and simmer without
the lid for 10 minutes, until the seeds just begin to pop to show a little of the
germ. Place the lid on the pan, turn off the heat and leave until any remaining
water has been absorbed. Tip onto a plate and leave to cool.
3. Cut the chicken into 2cm (3/4in) lengths and toss with the coriander seeds
and a little sea salt and pepper. Set the grill to high and line a baking tray with
4. Toss the courgettes with 1 tablespoon of the oil and grind over some
pepper. Grill 15cm (6in) from the heat for 8 minutes, until lightly charred
golden, and turn over and cook for another three minutes.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok. Add the chicken and fry on all sides for
5 minutes, transfer to a bowl and wipe out the wok. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil
and add the chilli, garlic and ginger.
Stir-fry for a few minutes, then add the spring onions and the quinoa. Stir to
mix, add the chicken and fold through with the grilled courgettes. Scatter
over a mixture of herbs or mini leaves of your choice.